Friday 16 March 2012

Blog 1179:Exploring Stress in Sport

If you are 18 and over I am wondering if you can help me.
My name is Rachel Arnold and I am currently studying for a PhD in Sport and Performance Psychology at Loughborough University.
For my PhD, I am exploring the pressures that sport performers have experienced as part of their participation in competitive sport.
To explore this, I have developed a short indicator (which takes around only 10 minutes and is very easy to complete).

(survey click here)

The indicator can be extremely helpful to sport performers, since it can help them to identify the factors that are creating stress for them within their sporting environments, how they typically cope with these pressures, and the impact this might have on their emotions, satisfaction, behaviours and performance.

All that the indicator requires is that you are 18 years / 18 & over and have participated in competitive sport over the past month at a club or university level or higher. Any personally identifiable information that is provided on the indicator will remain confidential. Apart from the researchers, nobody will have access to any responses.

Looking forward to receiving your survey
Kind Regards

Rachel Arnold