Tuesday 3 September 2013

Blog 1718: DX Assistant Role

As some of you will have heard along the grapevine, I started as the new Assistant Head Coach for Derventio Excel this Monday. This role has replaced the teaching job I did and will not interfere with my position as Head Coach to Long Eaton Swimming Club.

This role will aid the club as we develop stronger pathways within Derbyshire's Elite programme feeding into Derventio Excel. It will also develop me as a coach as I will not only be working alongside Andi Manley, but also the British Swimming team at Loughborough, and the new ideas and skills I learn I will bring back to the club and pass on to our excellent coaching team. As we already do many of the same high level galas as DX, the poolside structure at these galas won't change with me and Andi sharing the work load and helping each other as we already do.