Thursday 16 October 2014

Blog 2094: The Power of the Parent

It sometimes may seem I'm down on parents but its far from it. Parents are the lifeblood of any club and need to be encouraged to be involved in as many ways as possible.  Without parents we wouldn't have a club. I do dream of the day that I can look up into the crowd and see all of our swimmers parents sat together in matching club supporters T-shirts, cheering in every swimmer in the club not just their own (hint hint :) ). I do believe in the continual education of all the clubs members so we are all singing from the same sheet. When I find useful tip bits I'll post them with an explanation. This is another article about the relation between a swimmer and  their parents that has a great message.  Again I'm not having a go at any parent here, merely educating and encouraging the correct interactions needed for a happy succesful swimmer/parent relationship. It is written by one of America's top coaches Mike Gustafson.

http://usaswimming.org/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?TabId=1&itemid=6426&mid=14491